Hytham Shehab wrote:

> hi gurus,
>     i use the upload() function in the CGI module to get a file in the
> filefield tag, but i don't understand how to get it to the server?
> $fh=$q->upload('file_to_be_uploaded');
> while(<$fh>){
>     print;
> }

you need to tell perl to print the uploaded file to a file on the hard
drive:

open(FILE, ">/some/directory/filename.ext");

my $fh = $q->upload('form_name_for_file_upload');
while (<$fh>) {
  print FILE;
}

close(FILE);

don't forget that the file upload will fail if you try to overwrite a
file that already exists.  also notice this code assumes $fh is a valid
filehandle (ie.- there's no code there to handle the case when it
isn't).