I generally put my cgi-bin directory in the same level as my root www
directory.

For example:

        root www -> /usr/local/www/htdocs
        cgi-bin -> /usr/local/www/cgi-bin

Then you need to add a ScriptAlias Directive (if you're using Apache) into
your httpd.conf file

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /usr/local/www/cgi-bin

Brad Handy

--www.jack-of-all-trades.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]