Teresa Raymond wrote:

> Dear fliptop:
>
> Yes sir!  That is exactly what I want to do.

ok, good.  see below for my thoughts.

> >Teresa Raymond wrote:
> >>
> >> OK, I am a relative novice to Programming, Perl, CGI, CGI.pm and
> >> MIME::Lite. As suggested by others on this list I'm using MIME::Lite.
> >> I've written the below code with part of a MIME::Lite example copied.
> >> I've put the whole code here because I'm not sure what to leave out.
> >> The actual problem occurs at during the sub main section where the
> >> line reads:     my $filepath = $ARGV[0] || die "missing path to
> >> FILE\n";  The output is a blank screen, no error messages, just
> >> nothing happens.
> >
> >ok, let me see if i understand what you want to do.
> >
> >1)  upload an image via a browser.
> >2)  verify the uploaded file is an image.

i recommend using Image::Size instead of the code you had:

use Image::Size qw{ imgsize };
my ($x, $y, $id) = imgsize($fh); # $fh is the handle to your file
my $found = 0;

# include only the image types you're interested in
foreach (qw{ GIF JPG XBM XPM PPM PGM PBM PNG TIF BMP }) {
  $found = 1 if $id eq $_;
}
die "unacceptable type" unless $found; # or however you want to exit

# code to put image on server goes here

> >3)  email the image as an attachment to someone.

use MIME::Lite;

my $msg = new MIME::Lite
  From => '[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
  To => '[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
  Subject => qq{Here's your image},
  Type => 'TEXT',
  'Reply-to' => '[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
  Data => qq{Here is the image that was uploaded.  Enjoy.};

attach $msg
  Type => 'image/jpg',  # or whatever image type it is
  Encoding => 'base64',
  Path => 'image1.jpg';  # assuming that's the image name

$msg->send;

i typed this in without testing it, let me know if it doesn't work.
also, i assumed you weren't having trouble uploading and writing the
image to the server.