There are quite a few solutions to this (not surprising) one o
them is a module called
Time::Local
I think it is a standard module so typing
perldoc Time::Local will explain it to you.

You would still need to split the date into days, month and years and
decided exactly which second you are looking for.
Make sure you feed the correct values (January=0,  year = YYYY-1900 etc.)

-- Gabor

On 2001.07.25 00:50 Fred Sahakian wrote:
> How can I convert a date format from:
>
> 09042001
>
> into the Epoch seconds?  (aka 'time' function)
>
> I need to create a formula whereas the entered date must be more than 6
> months into the future of todays day.
>
> I can get the system to print the epoch time.
>
> thanks,
>
> Fred
>

> --

Gabor Szabo