At 11:23 AM 7/30/01 +0930, Daniel Falkenberg wrote:
>List,
>
>I was wondering if it is possbile to delete a users cookie when they close
>their browser.  I thought this happened automatically but I just tried it
>and nothing happened?

By default, cookies have session lifetime, i.e., they do disappear when the
browser is closed.  In other words, "nothing happening" is what is supposed
to happen, since persistent cookies are written to the disk when created.

If your CGI.pm creation call did not specify an expiration date, the cookie
was created with session lifetime.  If you want to delete a cookie that was
created persistent by an earlier session, my guess is that you reset it to
any value without specifying an expiration date, although I haven't tried.

The documentation with CGI.pm appears to be adequate for figuring this out.

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies