[Erg, I keep replying to just the person who sent the message. This one's to
the list.]

On 8/6/01 1:04 AM, . wrote:

> What is the syntax of the href method in CGI.pm?  I can't find it in the man
> pages.  Is it something like this:
>
> href([URL],[Additional Attributes],[Link Text | Link Image]);
>
> I'm asking because the other way that I know about, isn't working in the
> following code segment:
>
> print <<End_link2;

> Check Out</a><br>
>
> End_link2
>
> The error I get is that it can't match End_link2 anywhere before EOF.
>
> I'll try playing with href() while I wait for a reply, but if anybody knows
> how it works or can suggest something better, please let me know.
Well, you don't really need to use CGI.pm -- you just accidentally perlified
the href :)

You put quotes around "checkout", which is incorrect in HTML. BY doing so,
you made your href:

shopping_cart?action=

Then you have extra garbage that browsers won't understand:

checkout"&session=$session&email=$email$

So get rid of the quotes around "checkout" and you'll be fine.