-----Original Message-----
From: shawn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 10:40 AM
To: perlcgi

I'm stuck...

-using CGI.pm

I've created an "edit" cgi-forms-page to edit values/items in a database.
What I want to happen is to have the form fields ( there are several )
populated with the current value that the DB holds for the editing record.
Reason being, I don't want the user to have to fill-out everything again,
especially when they only want/need to change one  value.

The below prints out a text box and fills in the default value with the
original, why? I dunno, I haven't told CGI.pm what the -default=> is...and
yet it puts in the original value.

print $output->textfield(-name=>'title');

but....

When I try the below it never has the default selected  - yes I know that
the below doesn't have -default=> , which I have tried and that doesn't
work. Why would the above have the default and the below not.

print $output->popup_menu(  -name           =>      'status',
                            -values         =>      %status,
                            -size           =>      1);
Thanks,
-Shawn