>>Is it possible to have a CGI script that, at the end of doing all the
>
>James Keltys idea using a perl script in cron using LWP::Simple against the
>CGI in question sounds the most obvious answer

How do you figure? He wants to run it after the script is done, not every X
minutes, like a cron. I mean, sure, you could throw a cron of every minute
or so, but that doesn't take into effect if the script has been completed,
if the DB is down, or anything of the sort. He may not have cron access,
either.

Ultimately, he wants a continuous loop, not a timed loop.
Enlighten me if I'm wrong, of course.

>can you give me an example of "Content-type header and then a Location:
>header >that referred back to the script" ?  Should this be at or near the
>end of the

You would throw it near the end of the script, after the script has done
everything you want it to do. This assumes that your script doesn't spit
out any HTML (or really anything else) to the web browser or user.

   print "Location: http://path/to/cgi/script.pl\n\n";;

--
Morbus Iff ( i am your scary godmother )
http://www.disobey.com/ && http://www.gamegrene.com/