Hey folks,
        I'm working on a simple app that doesn't allow for any true DB persistent
storage/access of data. I only need a small amount of data access anyways,
but I would like to structure it a bit via XML/DTD. What I'd REALLY like to
do is have the ability to search the entire XML document (like a DB in some
ways) for a particular value or element attribute via a parser. Sort of the
equivalent to a SELECT * FROM MYTABLE WHERE myfield='xyz' inner join type
statement. The only other alternative ,given my requirements, that I can
think of would be to load the entire XML document into a hash of hashes, the
first element for each record representing the name of the record. It sound
terribly inneficient to have to load the entire document into memory though.

I hope I am not over-analyzing this. Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks.
DTS