I'm not really clear on how PERL works when writing HTML.

when writing to a console, you simply use \n to move to the next line
but using the same code in a browser I get everything on the same line.

is there a way that when writing to HTML, the \n gets converted to <br> or
do you have to explicitly print out every <br>?

and one more question, here is a piece of my program

use Win32::ODBC;

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<HTML>\n";
print "<BODY BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF>\n";

$DSN = "WIP";
#print "Opening database...\n";
if (!($db = new Win32::ODBC($DSN))){
    print "Error connecting to $DSN\n";
    print "Error: " . Win32::ODBC::Error() . "\n";
    exit;
}

it works fine when I run it from the command line, however, when I run it
in a browser I get the following error.
Error connecting to WIP Error: [-1024] [] "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft
Access Driver] Could not use '(unknown)'; file already in use."

any ideas?
I'm running ActivePerl on windows 2000