Shannon Murdoch wrote:

> Before uploading your scripts for running, use a program like TexEdit Plus
> or BBEdit to add CF/LF's to your script, otherwise it may not run properly.

Shannon,

Perl scripts are text files. Therefore, they should be up- and
downloaded in text mode (ftp). This will translate e. g. line
feeds/breaks to the platform specific character(s) automatically.

It seems very likely that you had the problems you had because you used
your ftp client app in binary mode which will not perform any translations.

Obviously, your ftp client app did not recognize the Perl scripts as
text files and switch to text mode automatically. This is, of course,
not a Perl issue but a Macintosh issue. You may mail me off-list.

Cheers

Stephan

--
Dipl.-Chem. Stephan Tinnemeyer