On Oct 18, 2001 at 04:14 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] took the soap box and proclaimed:
:
: -------------------------------------------------------------------
: -->> FREE Perl CGI scripts add WEB ACCESS to your POP email accounts!
: -->> Download today!! http://www.adjeweb.com
: -------------------------------------------------------------------
:
: I have the following perl script which I'm currently using
: successfully.  What I want to do is add a background image to the
: html page when it comes up, but it's not showing.  Can Someone tell
: me what the problem is?  I put the reference to the background image
: in the
: # START HTML DOCUMENT section.

You seem to have that part right.  Using the CGI module, if I

  print start_html( -background => "foo.jpg" );

it prints

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <!DOCTYPE html
          PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"
          "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic10.dtd";>
Document</title>
  </head><body background="foo.jpg">

I would venture a guess that the image you want to show isn't in the
location your script thinks it is.

Make sure the file that the value of $WALL refers to actually exists,
also check that permissions on that file are OK.

: # START HTML DOCUMENT
: print header, start_html(-title=>"$TITLE", -background=>"$WALL"),
: h2($TITLE), ($HOME);

  Casey West

--
Shooting yourself in the foot with Smalltalk
You send the message shoot to gun, with selectors bullet and myFoot. A