Hello:

Is there a simple way to send an e-mail and  capture the delivery status
in a perl script? I'd like to create a CGI script that will collect
visitors' e-mail addresses (from an html form) and send the visitor a
positive .html message if the greeting is successfully sent to the address
that was submitted or display an error .html page if the SMTP
transmission fails...

Net::SMTP, Mail::Sendmail, Mail::Sender, and Mail::Mailer all *seem* to
require an intermediary SMTP server. i.e., They *seem* to require that the
script hand the message off to my SMTP server for delivery. Perhaps I'm
misunderstanding, though...

--
Eric P.
Los Gatos, CA