RTF::Document was RTF::Generator

I'm all set for now...

RTF::Generator appears to need Thread. I was not able to properly
install this prerequisite, since I am not "root" and cannot implement
"loadables" the server (It's not a windows box). I did manage to
manually "install" RTF::Document. (Create a sub-directory off of cgi-bin
named RTF and place the file Document.pm in it. Works like a charm. I'll
place a follow up note here, if I run into any show stopper.)

I'm semi-automating a newsletter for a club I belong to, so I must go
with what's expedient.

I have discovered that it appears it will to be easier to use
RTF::Document than try to "fit the square peg into the round hole" a la
implementing RTF::Generator on Perl 5.00404.

perldoc RTF::Cookbook

and the Microsoft RTF specification at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/?url=/library/en-us/dnrtfspec/html/rtfspec.asp
?frame=true

seem to have the information I need.

I, also, used Word to create an empty RTF document, a couple of
documents with a BMP (bitmap) graphic, a document with a table, and a
document with both graphics and tables. The preceding references
indicate that graphics and tables are problematic, so these simple(?)
examples should help me. I observed that the BMP is stored in line in
the document; it is not a link. Only a couple of graphic types are
supported by RTF; BMP seems the right choice for me. I just opened my
JPEG in MSIE and saved the picture as BMP.