Need some help.

 I think that I need to be using global variables.  Unless Someone has a>
better solution.

 What I am trying to do is.  I want to set a variable for such things as

 FONT_COLOR=000000
 BACKGROUND_COLOR=555555

 For example:  So that I do not have to go through every file and set that
 on
 ever line that I would like to use it on.  I would like to set global
 variable so that if I change (in this case) the colors than I only have to
 change it in one place and be done with it.

 Which brings me to my question. Unless you know a better way of doing it.
 How do I set global variables????????????

 Jason