> im would like write a script that goes and gets a weather forcast,
> does any one know a site that has plain text weather forcast. or
> if someone who has done this before could help me out on
> the best way to go about this..maybe? the only way i could think
> of doing it would be with LWP::Simple; and its get function...
> but if any one could shed some light on the subject. i would
> be forever grateful :) thanx

go here

 http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

poke around to find the data you need on an anonymous FTP site. most
of this effort is in finding the data you need. then use LWP::Simple
to get it.

hth

Al Hospers
CamberSoft, Inc.
al<at>cambersoft<dot>com
http://www.cambersoft.com

Shockwave and Director development, Lingo programming, CGI scripting.

A famous linguist once said:
"There is no language wherein a double
positive can form a negative."

YEAH, RIGHT