On Nov 21, 2001 at 04:29 -0500, Darryl Schnell took the soap box and proclaimed:
: I'm currently working on a perl program that interacts with Windows
: Active Directory and was wondering if anyone knew or has a subroutine
: that will encrypt a password using base 64 encryption.

Use the module Digest::MD5.  There is a function called md5_base64().

  use Digest::MD5 qw(md5_base64);
  my $encrypted = md5_base64( $password );

Read about it here:
  http://search.cpan.org/doc/MSERGEANT/AxKit-1.4/Digest-MD5-2.12/MD5.pm

  Casey West

--
Shooting yourself in the foot with HURD
You'll be able to shoot yourself in the foot Real Soon Now.