> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Randal L. Schwartz)
> Date: 10 Oct 2001 15:32:01 -0700
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Michael Kelly)
> Subject: Re: Browser Redirection

> Carl> print "Content-type:text/html\n\n";
>>>
>>> needs a space to be compliant.  "Content-type: text/html"
>
> Michael> Not exactly. Carl is already printing the content-type,
> Michael> complete with two newlines, which ends the headers. [...]
>
> Uh, what part of "needs a space to be compliant" are you saying "not
> exactly" to?
>
> I'm having trouble figuring out what you're objecting to!
>
> The headers need a space after the colon.  This is required.  The fact
> that some browsers error-correct for broken headers notwithstanding.
>
> That was my entire point.

I apologize for being unclear. I was pointing out that printing
printing "Location: http://foo.com\n"; wouldn't do anything -- Carl also
needs to omit the second newline after the content-type. I.e., the correct
way to do it is

print "Content-type: text/html\nLocation: http://foo.com\n\n";;
# one newline after content-type

not

print "Content-type: text/html\n\nLocation: http://foo.com\n\n";;
# two newlines after content-type

I was mainly point that out to Carl, as that appeared to be his main
problem.

-Michael Kelly
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]