Does anyone know how to have a cgi script send a POST request to an
unrelated Web page?

Here's why: We're getting a new NT server. We currently run our pages on
CGI scripts, but we're planning to move all our hosting to ASP in the
next few months. In the meanwhile, we'll be running CGI on the new
server. Since ASP has a built-in mail function, my boss doesn't want to
go to the trouble/expense of installing SendMail on the new server for
the interim period. He has the idea that we can somehow have the CGI
scripts access an ASP page (perhaps through a POST request, but whatever
would work) and send email through ASP. I'm not doing the server
administration, but I do some scripting in Perl/CGI, and have been asked
to investigate this possibility.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has the experience to tell me: Is my
boss brilliant, or crazy? Can this be done, and if so, how?

(By the way, i'm aware that cheaper alternatives to SendMail exist -
we're looking into that too.)

Molly Magai
SurveyHost/Apian Software
(206) 547-5321 X 11