In short, I'm using a perl script to set a cookie, and Netscape Navigator
isn't seeing it.

It sets cookies o.k. on a '.com' webserver, but not on my localhost.

I'm running RedHat 7.2 with apache installed.

Viewing http://localhost in Netscape works, as does running scripts at
http://localhost/cgi-bin/script.cgi

I'm using a perl script (use CGI) to send a cookie.
Netscape Navigator is set to accept all cookies, but after viewing the
script that sets the cookie, testing for cookies is negative.

In the script,
the cookie domain is set to ".localhost"
the cookie path is set to "/cgi-bin"
the cookie expires is set to "+15m"
name and value are set.

When I run the perl script from the command line, the header that's printed
appears o.k.

I can't find any applicable info in the apache FAQ, so any pointers would be
much appreciated.

Thank-you,
Carl Franks