I want to call my file upload cgi program and upload a file via a URL rather
than using a Form on a Web page.

My script works via the upload form, which looks like this:

<FORM action=/cgi-bin/tables.cgi method=post encType=multipart/form-data>
<INPUT type=file  maxLength=80 size=30 name=upload_file></TD></TR>
<INPUT type=submit value=Upload name=.submit>
</FORM>

But when I try this URL:

http:\\myServer\cgi-bin\upload.cgi?upload_file="c:\myfile"

the script gets the filepath, but can't read the original file. I'm sure it
has to do with the get/post thing, but I can't figure out how to get around
it. Is there something I can do to either the URL or the script to
accomplish this? Is it even possible?

mike rafala
rafala m at cadmus com