--- Henk van Ess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What an excellent tip.. My ISP doesn't give me acces to the log right away,
> so the browser-trick helped me out!
>
> here's the error:
> Software error:
> Can't locate object method "appropriate" via package "regex" at
> d:\www\voelspriet.nl\www\cgi-bin\spriet.pl line 17.

Found your problem:

        my ( $prefix ) = ( $_prefix =~ /^([a-zA-Z\d\s_:]+)$/ ); #create
appropriate regex

You appear to have cut and pasted the text directly from the Email.  In this case,
"appropriate
regex" should have been part of the comment.  By putting them on the next line (this
occurs in two
places), you are telling Perl that there is a method called "appropriate" in a package
called
"regex" (this is an alternative method calling syntax that I'm not terribly fond of).

To fix this, either delete this line, or remove the newline after "#create" so that
Perl
recognizes "appropriate regex" as part of the comment:

   ..."#create appropriate regex"

Cheers,
Curtis "Ovid" Poe

=====
"Ovid" on http://www.perlmonks.org/
Someone asked me how to count to 10 in Perl:
push@A,$_ for reverse q.e...q.n.;for(@A){$_=unpack(q|c|,$_);@a=split//;
shift@a;shift@a if $a[$[]eq$[;$_=join q||,@a};print $_,$/for reverse @A