Hi Peter, I have had such a Perl system running for 4 years on a linux server. I use
sendmail, CPAN modules for reading and sending attachments. Have you made any
progress? Tell me
<MAILTO:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=PerlMail> a bit more about your project, I could
share some code with you.

Peter Bosmans wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I will write a perl-script that will read my unix-mail-box
> (/var/mail/<username>), save the message in a separate folder, and
> forward the message (with attachements) to another mail-adress.
> Has anybody some hint to begin with or maybe has somebody already done
> this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Peter
>
> --

Dr. John  Griffiths  \( ~ )7  The Teahouse of Experience
MAILTO:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.frontier.net/~grifftoe/
O, call back yesterday.     Richard II, act 3, sc. 2.
***
If it's working, the diagnostics say it's fine.
 If it's not working, the diagnostics say it's fine.
 -- A proposed addition to rules for realtime programming