At 07:45 20/01/02, Troy wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I only knew of one way to do them:  s///
>
>But japhy once answered me with this format:  s{}{}
>
>Another guy said you can use exclamation points?  I'm assuming: s!!!
>
>I've tried some other formats with brackets, parenthesis, etc.  Nothing else
>works.
>
>What other formats will work?

Hi there,

You can use any (non-alphanumeric, non-whitespace) character you like for
this operator, as long as you use the same one throughout the expression.
And it can either be repeated three times, like s/a/b/ or s#a#b#, or in two
pairs, like s{a}{b} or s[a][b]. (Actually I think that if you use pairs,
the two pairs can be different from each other, like s[a]{b}. But that
would most likely be unnecessarily confusing ;-)

best,

Mo

Mo Holkar
Undying King Games