Roger> In this case I think you drop into shell
Roger> `mkdir -p $fullpath`;

This is dangerous, unportable, and far less efficient than necessary.

See "perldoc File::Path", which I found by looking in the standard
library using "perldoc perlmodlib", which everyone should be forced
to review at least once a week until they have it memorized. :)