At 02:51 PM 1/21/02 -0800, Troy May wrote:

>I have an HTML template which gets inserted into a CGI program.  I need to
>insert an SSI into it, but when the page is created it will not show up like
>it does with a standard HTML file.

Troy, this is because the server will not parse the page generated by a CGI
for SSI statements. IOW the normal alternatives are :

-  SSI embedded in an SHTML or other admin defined filetype gets parsed &
acted on accordingly before sending to the client

-  CGI link results in call to a program which creates the page on the fly
which is then sent as is to the client

>   Do I need to do anything different to
>this to execute it correctly so it will work like a standard SSI on my page?
>Here's what I need to insert:
>
><!--#include virtual="/path/to/header.html" -->

Sure, just stick the file into the template within your script.

Marty

Website Creation Made SIMPL(tm)
http://face2interface.com/Home/Demo.shtml
WebSafe Color Picker -- http://face2interface.com/WebSafe