Hi.  I have read the manual and FAQ and have this almost working but I am
missing something.  My CGI uses cookies to save a users querys on a
database but I want to allow the user to also store this in regular file.
(The cookie is set to expire in 7 days)  In the docs for CGI.pm it says to
use a header like this

   print $q->header(-type=>"application/octet-stream",
                    -attachment=>"chr22_history.txt");
   #print to stdout desired contents of file and exit

to make the browser prompt the user to save the file instead of displaying
what is returned.  I found through testing this only works if the button
that was clicked to call the cgi is on a multipart form.  So now I can
click the button, the browser (IE 6.0) asks me to save the file and says
the download is complete.  I checked the file it is there, BUT the browser
is still waiting on something.  I get the "busy icon" any time the mouse
is over the browser, until I click STOP.  Am I missing an end tag or
something obvious?

Thanks,
Belinda Giardine