From: Alan C. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2002 5:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: shebang line that works for multiple Perl binary locations

Hi,

I'm a newbie *ditto* I'd like to find for same as per your request

But I'm guessing that ability to find perl anywhere might be a security
concern.

On my local (localhost Apache Win NT) machine I've been using

#!/perl/bin/perl

But when I upload then the Unix server needs something like

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

Thanks. Alan.

At 01:29 PM 1/27/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>I am new to this list, so sorry if this has been covered already.
>
>Is there any way to set up a shebang line that checks multiple potential
>perl locations?

<snipped>