From: Stephen.Hurley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 06 February 2002 13:40
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Make Question

Hi,
Vaguely Perl related question...after following some of the discussion about
HTML::Template the other day, I decided to go and get myself a copy. I'm
running on NT (...I know, I'm moving to linux soon) and I can't seem to get
it installed. I'm using a copy of "make" that I got with the unxutils
package for windows that I got from sourceforge. So, following the helpful
instructions in the readme, I type "perl makefile.pl". This creates a
makefile, then I type "make", and it spits back..

"makefile:651: *** missing separator.  Stop."

Lines 651 to 653 of the makefile are:

$(PM_TO_BLIB)
<<
        @$(TOUCH) $@

.....this being autogenerated from makefile.pl.
So what am I doing wrong ?

Steve.

/.
Stephen Hurley,
Room CS2-034,
IDC, University Of Limerick.

P. 087-6701459
E. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
A. Apt.10, Charlotte Q, Limerick City.

"I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there are people here who are trying to
make me look like one..."
.../