Hi,
Not sure if this is entirely a perl problem, but it is certainly related. I
made some minor changes to one of my CGI scripts (to get the page to include
the current date), and Apache started to give me a 500 error on it. The
syntax of the script is perfect, and I'm using CGI.pm to generate the
header. I've shown the various error messages below. I have a meeting in 18
minutes where I have to show this working. I suppose if I get desperate I'll
just dike out the CGI.pm stuff and generate the header by hand, but I'd like
to know why this doesn't work. Any ideas ?

....what's generated...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic10.dtd";>

....how I'm generating it...
print start_html(-title=>"Events");

....what Apache's error log says...
[Tue Feb 12 12:32:41 2002] [error] [client 136.xxx.xxx.xxx] malformed header
from script. Bad header=<?xml version="1.0" encoding=":
d:/path/to/events.cgi

/.
Stephen Hurley,
Room CS2-034,
IDC, University Of Limerick.

P. 087-6701459
E. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
A. Apt.10, Charlotte Q, Limerick City.

"I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there are people here who are trying to
make me look like one..."

../