/* There is nothing like a discussion on text editors to get the emails
flowing :-) */

I have been using Text pad for the past few months - it is refreshingly
lightweight and has masses of user-written add-ons available for download.

It does syntax highlighting for 40+ languages, multilingual, spell checks,
line numbers, integrates with tools well, 'clip books' of frequently used
snippits etc. etc.

Well worth the registration fee in my opinion (and I don't often say that!).

www.textpad.com

Michael