Hi,

My goal is to  clean up the fields submitted from a form and then be able to use them
in other places.

Does the following modify the value of param('name') -- if I have a form element named
'name' --
permanently (like when you have an array)

foreach my $key (param()){

$val = param($key),
$value =~ s/^\s+//;
$value =~ s/\s+$//;
$key =~ s/\d$//;

print "$key: $val\n\n";

    }

later in the script

print param('email')  # will this have been cleaned regrex in the up the loop above?

Do I have to assign my 'cleaned' data to a hash?

Thanks!

Dave