Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way of defining global constants in Perl ? I
"use strict" to keep all my variables tidy. However, there are a number of
"#define"-like vars that I would like to keep all together at the top of my
files, so that they can be reconfigured by whoever maintains my code
(filenames and such). Since these won't need to be changed by the script...I
wanna make 'em constants. But I also don't want to have to keep passing them
around to subroutines (I want to them to be global). But I also would like
to "use strict" (which tends not to like global variables). Is there any
"#define"-like construct in Perl or am I asking for too much ? If so, what's
the next best thing ?

Steve.

/.
Stephen Hurley,
Room CS2-034,
IDC, University Of Limerick.

P. 087-6701459
E. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
A. Apt.10, Charlotte Q, Limerick City.

"I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there are people here who are trying to
make me look like one..."

../