From: Lisa Nyman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 8:51 PM
To: Naika - EV1
Cc: Perl-CGI Beginners
Subject: Re: Environment Variables help

Hi,

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Naika - EV1 wrote:

> $user = "$ENV{'REMOTE_USER'}";
> ####### Not working

Note that this is only set for authenticated pages.  You didn't mention if
your script autheticates or not.

Also, you don't need to cross post to both beginners lists.  It's best if
you pick the most appropriate one.  I have sent this reply to
beginners-cgi only.

Lisa Wolfisch Nyman  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  IT Warrior Princess
"Life is too short to wear ugly underwear."
Get the facts at http://quickfacts.census.gov/