Teresa Raymond wrote:
> I was wondering where I could get step by step very beginning info to
> transfer web survey information to excel.  I have a mac OS 9.2.1 but
> I think I can translate, I'm not sure what server I'd be working on,
> I have experience with Unix.

   There's not quite enough information here to know what your best option
would be, but there are a couple of options.

   My first instinct would be to collect the information to a CSV file and
manually import it to excel. There are a couple of CPAN packages that might
be helpful. I know there's a cgi script floating around the web somewhere
that writes CSV files based on form data, because a friend of mine uses it.
You should be able to find it using google. As is always the case with
scripts from the web, you'll want to look at it carefully to make sure that
it's secure.

   If this won't work for you there are a couple other options. If you're on
a Windows system you can use the Win32::OLE package to access Excel's COM
interface. It has been a while since I did automation on the Mac, but I
think the Office products have a pretty complete Applescript interface, and
you should be able to invoke Applescript from MacPerl. And there's a CPAN
module for writing Excel files.

   But if it will serve your purposes the CSV method is bound to be much
easier.

   To find the CPAN modules that relate to CSV files and Excel search on
those terms (within your browser) at:

http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/00modlist.long.html

Tagore Smith