Hello!

I have written the below script for file uploading, but the script seems to
be a little fickle.
Very small text files upload with no problem at all, but slightly larger
(76k) Word docs and Excel spread sheets
seem to make the script time out. I can see the /tmp/CGIxxxxxx2768 type
files being created, but I still get a timeout.

Not sure if this has be hashed out and re-hashed out, so, I apologize if
this mail is trite.

FYI - I am calling this cgi from an html for which I pasted in below the
perl script.

Thanks for any help in advance!

-James

#----------Begin Perl Script------------------------#

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use CGI qw/:standard/;
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

$| =1;

# Create the CGI script....
my $cgi = new CGI;

# Set the upload directory...

my $dir = qq(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/nuke/intranet);

# Set the cgi param for the file name...
my $file = $cgi->param('file');

# Start of main body of program...
    $file =~ m/^.*(\\|\/)(.*)/;
    my $name = $2;

    open LOCAL, ">$dir/$name" or die "Cannot open file for writing: $!\n";
    my ($bytesread,$buffer);
    while($bytesread=read($file,$buffer,1024)) {
        print LOCAL $buffer;
    }
    close(LOCAL);

    print $cgi->header();
    print $cgi->start_html(
                           -title=>"Successful Upload",
                           -bgcolor=>"#000000",
                           -text=>"#FFFFFF",
                           -link=>'blue',
                           -vlink=>'blue'
                          );

    print "$file has bee successfully uploaded ... thank you!\n";
    print $cgi->br;
    print "Go ";
    print
$cgi->a({href=>"http://nuke.theashlandagency.com/intranet"},'here');
    print "to view all files.";
    print $cgi->br;
    print "Go ";
    print $cgi->a({href=>"http://nuke.theashlandagency.com/upload.html"},
'here');
    print "to upload more files.";
    print $cgi->end_html;

#---------End Perl Script---------------------#

#---------Begin HTML Form---------------------#

<head>

<title> File upload page </title>

</head>

<h2>File Upload section...</h2>

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="fileup.cgi" method="post">

Please select a file to upload: <br>

<input type="file" name="file"> <br>
<input type="submit">
</form>