James Woods wrote:

> Here is the raw text from my text file (the original source).  It's
> created on a Windows machine (??in case that makes a difference with
> linefeeds vs. carridge returns??) then put on an apache web server.
>
> f|Gimlis Axe|p|fellowship/large/14gimlisbattleaxe.html
> f|Hand Axe|p|minesofmoria/large/010handaxe.html
> f|Gimlis Helm|p|fellowship/large/15gimlishelm.html
> f|Dwarven Armor|p|fellowship/large/8dwarvenarmor.html
> f|Dwarven Bracer|p|minesofmoria/large/003dwarvenbracers.html
> f|Gandalfs Staff|p|minesofmoria/large/022gandalfsstaff.html
> f|Glamdring|p|fellowship/large/75glamdring.html
> f|Sleep Cahadras|d|fellowship/large/84sleepcaradhras.html
> f|Axe Strike|d|fellowship/large/3axestrike.html

> on http://staff.washington.edu/guru/james.cgi you should be able to see
> the progression of the @Draw array in the large textareas.

according to a 'view source' on the above url, your hidden input params
do indeed have a new line on the end.

try this (instead of chomp):

foreach (@Draw) {
    s/\s+$//g;  # remove all whitespace at the end of a row
    print "<input type='hidden' name='drawHidden' value='$_'>\n";
}

> Here's something that I need some education on: why is it when I just
> put the @Draw array into a hidden field, does it pass all the data, and
> when I use the code suggested, it only passes the first record?  It
> seems to me from what I've read about CGI.pm that it would take all the
> hidden fields and put them into the @Draw array like I've specified.  Oh
> well.

i'm not sure which code you are referring to.