>> How do I get the IP address from a POST form.
>>
>> Let me make myself more clear: I have a form that uses POST,
>> and I would like to get users' IP address for avoiding the
>> same user to fake my pool's result.

David> You can check $ENV{REMOTE_ADDR}, which will contain the remote IP of the
David> user hitting your page.

And that's still insufficient and incorrect.

Repeat after me:

        A user is not an IP address
        A user is not an IP address
        A user is not an IP address

Specifically, the largest userbase on the planet, AOL, comes into the
Internet proper via Web Proxies.  On every hit, a different proxy is
used, so these hits show up as coming from completely different
addresses.  Even the main page and the image fetches for that page
will all show up as different addresses.  And then of course,
those same small-number-of-proxies are used for millions of users.

So again, I repeat:

        A user is not an IP address

Get it through your head that using IP address for vote blockout
is just ... WRONG.