Could anyone help I am having trouble reading in information from STDIN

For coding see attached file

Using a while loop I want to do the following:
Read info in from STDIN
Read in any number of name/value pairs,
Read in names in pairs of two, and compute their sum.
Choose the maximum of all those pairs and print it.
At the same time choose the minimum and print it.

--- Begin Message ---
Please help with following:

Using a while loop I want to do the following:
Read info in from STDIN
Read in any number of name/value pairs,
Read in names in pairs of two, and compute their sum.
Choose the maximum of all those pairs and print it.
At the same time choose the minimum and print it.

My code does not do what I want it to do:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

my @NumberArray;
my $ArrayIndex =-1;
my $NumberFromConsole;

while ($ArrayIndex < 3)
{
        $NumberFromConsole = <STDIN>;
        chomp($NumberFromConsole);
        $ArrayIndex = $ArrayIndex + 1;
        $NumberArray[$ArrayIndex] = $NumberFromConsole;
}

my $FirstNumber = $NumberArray[0] + $NumberArray[1];
my $SecondNumber = $NumberArray[2] + $NumberArray[3];

print "The Number array is @NumberArray\nThe first two are $FirstNumber\nThe
second two are $SecondNumber\n";

if ($FirstNumber > $SecondNumber)
{