I have a tab delimited flat text-file database (hotels.txt) with hotel info
from all 50 states in the following fields:

$available (1=available; 0=unavailable)
$location_num (numbers 1-50)
$location_txt
$city
$hotel_name
$celo_inc_pub_rates
$ia_inc_pub_rates
$celo_room_only_rates
$ttg_room_only_rates
$url

I must query it using the GET method because I want to hardcode the queries
for people to select hotel locations in an image map using the multiple
criteria (name1=value1&name2=value2) in the query_string (please note: it's
a long story, but I cannot use cgi.pm on my server(s) at work.).  For
example, if someone clicks on Georgia, the resulting page will output
information (from all of the text-file database fields) for the available
locations in the state of Georgia using the following hard-coded a href
link:

<a
href="http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/find_hotels.cgi?available=1&location_num
=5">

I can handle the .html output of a text-file query using a form and the post
method, but I just cannot get the url query string and the GET method to
select the appropriate records.  How do I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew