> I know that the search engines don't index the CGI generated web pages.
 Actually...I have a website that has articles which a perl script
generates. The URL to the articles look like
http://site.com/article.pl?article=thearticle. I have an SHTML page which
links to each one of these articles. Google has indexed all of these
articles even though they are CGI-generated.

> Will the search engines find something on the page if all the content is
SSI generated?
I would say yes because the search engine can only read content that the
server generates. It can't just open files on a server like you could if you
were writing a script.

hth,

JOSHUA D. HAYDEN