Greetings;

Yeah. The vim editor does paren/bracket matching and some
other things that you might not expect. Not exactly an IDE
and it isn't idiot proof. But you know what they say about
things that are idiot proof!

And did I mention that vim is available for nearly every
platform in use today? All of them that I use anyway!

Good Luck!
Dennis