On Sat, 04 May 2002 20:35:57 -0400, Superjeremy wrote:
> I just upgraded my os and I installed apache to work on some of my
> scripts.
>
> I put the .pl files into the cgi-bin directory and chmod 755 them.
Check your httpd.conf and make sure you have either 1) set perl to
handle .pl files (via an AddHandler directive), or 2) not set ANYTHING
to handle .pl files, but set up your cgi-bin directory to handle
executables.

> I set their owner and group to "apache"
Also check your httpd.conf to make sure that this is the owner and group
assigned by apache. I know the defaults when you compile from source are
"nobody" -- I'm not sure what Mandrake does.