messag from ESS wrote:

> Thanks Alex Read
> but it didnt work.and I can;t control on the user broswes.
>
> NOTE: I want it compiled Like hotmial, the problem with yahoo
>
> Thanks agian
>
> >From: Alex Read <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: messag from ESS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Re: yahoo mail did't compile HTML mail
> >Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:30:07 +0100
> >
> >messag from ESS wrote:
> >
> > > hi all
> > > I konw you havn't much time then I will begain directly
> > > Probem is:
> > > 1- I make a program to send a mail.
> > > 2- I send an HTML mail normaly to yahoo and hotmail.
> > > 3- The hotmail compile it and display as a web bage.
> > > 4- The yahoo did't compile it and display the HTML source !.
> > >
> > > Needed:
> > > 1- why yahoo mail did not compile it.
> > > 2- solve of this problem, or a way to solve it.
> > >
> > > ------- START source-----------------------------------
> > > My source is:open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
> > > print MAIL "To: $email\n";
> > > print MAIL "From: $wemail\n";
> > > print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
> > > print MAIL "$contents\n";
> > > close (MAIL);
> > > ------- END source-----------------------------------
> > >
> > > THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

> >Hi,
> >
> >I had some similar trouble and resolved it by using the following
> >headers and dividers.
> >
> >From: me@myaddress
> >To: someone@theiraddress
> >Subject: Re: test
> >
> >-----divider---
> >
> >Please use netscape 2 view
> >
> >-----divider---

> ><B>
> ></B>
> >
> >-----divider-----
> >

> >Hope that is what you were looking for.
> >
> >Alex.

Sorry, the "please view with netscape" bit was just an example, as with
the dividers in the user will only see either the text part or the html,
so you have a message in the txt part saying - please view me with a
something that is going to look at the html.  If that didn't work then I
only have the following advice;
1) make sure you have the format exactly the same as in the example
(especially the dividers as the number of "-" changes).
2) this problem is to do with the format of the email you send, not your
cgi script, so send yourself an email from the commands line and ignore
you cgi script until it works.

Good luck

Alex.