True, but if I am trying to repeatedly translate in
both directions, won't this cause the newlines to
grow? For example (P tags shown as [p] here):

  TEXTAREA sends "Para 1.\nPara 2.\nPara 3."

  I store: "Para 1.\n[p]Para 2.\n[p]Para 3."

  Translated back for TEXTAREA next time:
       "Para 1.\n\nPara 2.\n\nPara 3."

  I store next time:
       "Para 1.\n\n[p]Para 2.\n\n[p]Para 3."

  You see where I'm going with this?

  And plus, I'm also getting newlines added at the end
because that also matches "$", although I don't want
those. I could remove them afterwards, but that's not
very elegant. :-)

--- Jake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Monday 20 May 2002 01:51 pm, John Brooking wrote:
> > Hello, all,
>
> > has worked so far. Everything I've tried has (1)
> added
> > the P tag but not removed the newline, and/or (2)
> also
>
>       the first case should work, after all, the browser
> will ignore newline and
> carriage return characters, so it shouldn't matter
> if they are left in.  All
> you care about is putting a paragraph tag in the
> right place.

=====
"When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a
building?" - They Might Be Giants, http://www.tmbg.com
----
Word of the week: Serendipity, see http://www.bartleby.com/61/93/S0279300.html