--- Rob Roudebush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  When I run perl -c myscript.cgi to test the syntax or perl -w ..., it produces
>this: Too late
> for "-T" option at maintenance.cgi line 1 (my line 1 is just the shebang line with
>the -T
> option). Does this mean that something is wrong?
> -Rob

Rob,

No, nothing is wrong.  Perl's interpreter must be invoked with the taint switch.  When
you run the
script from the command line with something like this:

    ./myscript.cgi

the operating system should read the shebang line and fire up the interpreter with the
switches
supplied on the shebang line.  However, when you execute the script like this:

    perl myscript.cgi

the interpreter is already running and then is fed the program with the appropriate
switches.
Either run the program with "./myscript.cgi" type of syntax, or, if you are just
compiling for a
test, supply the -T switch on the command line:

    perl -cT myscript.cgi

Cheers,
Curtis "Ovid" Poe

=====
"Ovid" on http://www.perlmonks.org/
Someone asked me how to count to 10 in Perl:
push@A,$_ for reverse q.e...q.n.;for(@A){$_=unpack(q|c|,$_);@a=split//;
shift@a;shift@a if $a[$[]eq$[;$_=join q||,@a};print $_,$/for reverse @A