On Tuesday, June 4, 2002, at 09:33 , David T-G wrote:

> Eric, et al --
>
> ...and then Eric Peers said...
> %
> % Take a look at
> % http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w95.hybris.gen.html for
> details
> % about the worm.  Sadly, its no laughing matter.
>
> *snicker*  For those of us not using Windows it is :-)

the brutal irony here is that we had just been kvetching
about things like the Spam Assassin - and the 'hahaha'
was not even in the subject line - but was in my citation
of david's text....

there was no 'attachment' - it was all in plain text....

so while I empathise with the unpleasantry that is out
there with regards to spam/virus/etc - we clearly need
to work up better ways to solve these types of problems
rather than having our software create comedy for programmers.

ciao
drieux

---