Got it, used unless ( /<testsystem>/ .. /<\/testsystem>/) instead of if (
/<testsystem>/ .. /<\/testsystem>/) and it works!!!

Thanks

Johannes
          > so I would be working all of the sneek and peek
        > that I recommend in
> http://www.wetware.com/drieux/pbl/RegEx/paraHablarRegular.txt
        > all inside of the
        >       while(<LOG>) {
         >      }

        [Theuerkorn Johannes]  Ok, played around with the paraHablar..... pice and I
got it down to the following snipplet::

         # Testsystem
                 if ( /<testsystem>/ .. /<\/testsystem>/){#look for the beginning and
end part
                        my $line =$_;

                        finalresultshould be something like "ignore the RegExp"
                        $testsystem = $_;
                    print "Testsystem: $testsystem";

        Now I get all but the part i want to get. Remember i have

        <testsystem>
        testsystem1
        </testsystem>

        and want to get the testsystem1 part into a variable...

        So now i got the inverted part.

        Is there a possibility to say: ifnot ($line !=~ /^<\/?testsystem>/
){$testsystem=$_} ???

        Greetings Johannes