> So what is a self-respecting Perl programmer to do?

Haahaa, QUIT!   Or shower and scrub with a wire brush!

heehee...

                      "Bill Odom"

                      <wnodom@intrasect        To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      ion.com>                 cc:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                               Subject:  Re: PERL!! : )

                      06/20/02 03:00 PM

                      Please respond to

                      wnodom

JP:

While I agree with Brent (hi, Brent), it doesn't have to be an
all-or-nothing decision.  I've had a lot of success running Perl *with*
ASP.  In fact, I'm finishing a project right now that
 - has to run on IIS
 - has to run under ASP

So what is a self-respecting Perl programmer to do?

Use PerlScript, ActiveState's extension that allows Perl to run as a
full-fledged ASP scripting language. You get all the "advantages" of ASP,
all the power of Perl, and none of the gut-wrenching inadequacy of
VBScript or soullessness of JavaScript.  I've built very large
applications this way.  It really works.
It's also a great way to introduce Perl to an all-Microsoft shop,
demonstrate Perl's power and maintainability, and start to loosen the
Microsoft death-grip.
--Bill Odom