Recognizing that this is a religious issue among many
programmers, I submit for what it is worth that I use
Ultra-Edit (Windows). It has everything you ask, you
can extend the syntax for color-coding, run command
line programs and capture the output in a window, edit
remote files via FTP, record and re-run keyboard
macros, and edit in column mode, to name just the
features I use frequently. The column mode is handy
for cutting or inserting characters in a certain
column of contiguous lines (such as placing a "#" in
front of many lines at once), and tab/shift tab will
indent and unindent groups of lines. Granted, emacs
and others can do the same things, so you see that you
have a lot of choices.

-John

> >From: "Octavian Rasnita" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: What editor for Perl do you recommend?
> >Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:06:40 +0300
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Can you recommend me a good editor for Perl
> scripts that runs under
> > Windows?
> > > It should:

=====
"Now it's over, I'm dead, and I haven't done anything that I want; or, I'm still
alive, and there's nothing I want to do." - They Might Be Giants, http://www.tmbg.com